Who doesn’t love inspirational quotes? Powerful nuggets of wisdom condensed into a few lines that can instantly shift your mood and perspective on life.
Whenever I come across great quotes, I feel so inspired because they help me connect with life and motivate me to take action towards my goals.
I’m an avid quote collector and have them on my desk, as a screensaver and plastered all over my office wall because I believe that inspiration is essential for developing a success mindset.
When you are inspired you tend to look for a silver lining no matter how challenging your circumstances. This is especially important when you’re starting a business because that is when an entrepreneur needs the most encouragement.
Unfortunately, most of us are not surrounded by positive people who push us to aim for greatness.
This is where inspirational quotes come in.
Great quotes can touch your heart and connect you with your wiser self.
Great quotes can touch your heart and connect you with your wiser self.
They can inspire hope, build confidence and eliminate worry.
They can provide answers and give you a new perspective. They can make you laugh and bring sunshine, light and love into your life.
But inspirational quotes are more than just good for the soul.
Every word you speak, read or write carries an energetic frequency. Reading quotes every day, and feeling inspired and motivated by them, can help you become the person you want to be and attract the success you desire.
Notice any quotes that resonate with you. Different quotes will hold a special meaning for different people. Copy them to a Word document or jot them down somewhere where you can read them every day.
I find that certain people have an uncanny ability to capture truths that really touch my heart.
Paulo Coelho is one such author for me.
Besides football (soccer), salsa, and caipirinhas, Paulo Coelho is one of Brazil’s most famous exports.
He’s an award-winning author, poet and modern day philosopher, loved and admired all over the world for his novels that cross cultures and artfully blend spirituality with life lessons.
You may know him through his famous fable The Alchemist.
I love Paulo Coelho quotes because they are simple thought-provoking, life-affirming messages that encourage you to have faith, follow your heart and pursue your dreams.
I believe they hold important lessons for every heart-centered entrepreneur who wants to make an impact on the world.
That’s why I’m sharing my top 50 Paulo Coelho quotes.
I hope they will change the way you look at life and encourage you to do what you love, even in the face of adversity.
You’ll notice that I’ve added a few comments at the beginning of each section but not beside each quote because I believe these quotes speak for themselves.
Let me know if they resonate with you as much as they have with me!
50 Inspiring Paulo Coelho Quotes
Follow Your Heart
Paulo Coelho talks a lot about listening to your heart and following your dreams in his novels.
This may be the stuff of fairytales and magic, but I believe that if you put passion at the core of what you do instead of chasing the money, your dreams really can come true.
1. And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
2. It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
3. One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.
4. People are capable at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.
5. Everybody has a creative potential and from the moment you can express this creative potential, you can start changing the world.
6. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
7. The more in harmony with yourself you are, the more joyful you are and the more faithful you are. Faith is not to disconnect you from reality – it connects you to reality.
8. If I must be faithful to someone or something, I have, first of all, have to be faithful to myself.
9. The day is made up of 24 hours and an infinite number of moments. We need to be aware of those moments and make the most of them regardless of whether we’re busy doing something or contemplating life.
10. I’ve never been as happy as I am now, because I followed the signs, I was patient, and I know that this is going to change everything.
11. Stop being who you were and become who you are.
12. A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.
13. Don’t allow your mind to tell your heart what to do. The mind gives up easily.
14. Close some doors today, not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but because they lead you nowhere.
15. Do something instead of killing time. Because time is killing you.
16. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.
17. If you’re brave to say “goodbye”, life will reward you with a new “hello”.
Remember the saying, What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger? It’s true!
Obstacles and difficulties are an inevitable part of business. The trick is not to avoid them but to find creative ways to get over them, around them or through them.
Treat every challenge as a lesson, every mistake you make as a blessing and move on.
18. The secret of life is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
19. Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.
20. When you repeat a mistake, it is not a mistake anymore: it is a decision.
21. You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.
22. The more violent the storm, the quicker it passes.
23. At every moment of our lives, we all have one foot in a fairy tale and the other in the abyss.
24. No matter how you feel today, get up, dress up and show up.
25. When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.
26. When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change.
27. There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them.
28. I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question of how I view my life.
29. Life is too short, or too long, for me to allow myself the luxury of living it so badly.
30. I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living now.
31. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
32. Life has a way of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.
33. A warrior takes every opportunity to teach himself.
34. When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision.
Believe In Yourself
Self-belief is the foundation of success.
You can achieve anything if you believe in yourself. But the opposite is also true; without strong self-belief you will not go far.
Even if you follow other people’s advice and model successful people and their blueprints, you will still fail if you don’t have confidence in yourself. Everything – absolutely everything – starts with you.
35. You are what you believe yourself to be.
36. If you want to be successful, you must respect one rule – Never lie to yourself.
37. The act of discovering who we are will force us to accept that we can go further than we think.
38. Don’t waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.
39. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
40. You’re always learning. The problem is, sometimes you stop and think you understand the world. This is not correct. The world is always moving. You never reach the point you can stop making an effort.
41. Don’t explain. Your friends do not need it, and your enemies will not believe you.
42. The boat is safer anchored at the port; but that’s not the aim of boats.
43. The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.
44. Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.
45. No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.
46. Now that she had nothing to lose, she was free.
47. People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves.
48. Your eyes show the strength of your soul.
49. What is a teacher? I’ll tell you: it isn’t someone who teaches something, but someone who inspires the student to give of her best in order to discover what she already knows.
50. Haters are confused admirers who can’t understand why everybody else likes you.